Saturday, May 12, 2012

Santa Barbara trip

 Up from the Beach
5x7
watercolor and pencil on paper

 Hazy Afternoon
5x7
watercolor and pencil on paper

 Looking to the Hills
5x7
watercolor and pencil on paper

 Onion on Lynn's Table
5x7
Caran D'Ache on paper

:) sign at the head of the beach at UCSB

I recently had the pleasure of spending a week in Santa Barbara visiting with my daughter, her husband and their dog.  Of course spending time at the beach was a priority and I had to capture a few of the scenes in watercolor, which is my first love.  Also I've been using Caran D'Ache crayons which are water soluble and can be used back and forth drawing and painting.  They're lots of fun and both those, a small set of watercolors and pad of paper are perfect companions on a trip,  particularly when you get abandoned by your offspring who has to work but you get to play!   First of course, you need to get past the warning sign at the beach!
Meanwhile I'm getting ready for a group show at the Old Schwamb Mill in Arlington which goes up June 30 and will go through the summer.  Opening reception is July 13 6-8pm and closing is September 8.  Their summer hours are Tues and Sat afternoons.  I'll be putting in my paintings from my week with MassArt and some prints from my class with Adria Arch.

No comments:

Post a Comment