Tuesday, May 1, 2012

monoprints and a still life

 Still Life on Table
oil on paper
11x14
 Seascape I
oil on paper-monoprint
8.5x11
 Seascape II 
oil on paper-monoprint
8.5x11
Seascape III
oil on paper-monoprint
8.5x11

I've been doing my homework assignment of 20 gelatin prints where I paint a landscape on the plate then print.  I've gotten a little obsessed with one seascape from Eastport and have made 8 prints.  Here are the three most successful.  The other painting is oil on 300 lb watercolor paper.  I saw a demo a few weeks back where the artist first drew the still life then used oils thinned with Galkyd to paint into the drawing.  She would go back and forth creating several layers and allowing the pencil drawing to take equal part in the image she was working on.  Here's my attempt with objects on my table by the front window.  I liked doing it but didn't work as large or free as I had hoped.  Another time!  Meanwhile, off to California to see my daughter and son-in-law and their dog Lolo.  Slim chance of sunshine but the beach and mountains are still there.  And the wine, I hope up in St. Inez Vallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment