Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Enjoying the light


Enjoying the Light
8x12 watercolor on paper 


The Path I
12x14 acrylic monoprint on paper


The Path II
12x14 acrylic monoprint on paper

Yesterday I decided to enter the calendar contest for the Concord Art Association and snapped some photos in Concord.  The theme is Light and Space and this scene grabbed me.  The two gentlemen were conversing and were just the thing to give this painting a sense of scale and lightness.  Keeping my fingers crossed!
I'd been struggling with feeling a little lost art-wise and then remembered my favorite spot at Magnolia Park where you can see the phragmites illuminated by the sun through the trees.  It was fun to let loose with the palate knife on a Gelli plate.  Not sure which I like better so I posted both.  Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment