Monday, May 5, 2014

Finally it's spring!


Island View I
14x12 monoprint; acrylic on paper


Island Vew II
14x12  monoprint; acrylic on paper


Harris Cove
14x12 monoprint; acrylic on paper


Harris Cove II
14x12 monoprint; acrylic on paper

I've been busy getting my prints and paintings ready for 3 local shows-very exciting!  Work our class members did in Greece is at the Old Schwamb Mill in Arlington,  work by members of my class with Adria Arch is at the North Hill Gallery in Wellesley, and I have a solo show in the entryway of a condominium building in Somerville.  Also the painting I donated to the Concord Art Association's fundraiser, Paint the Town, Revisited, sold so I was glad to be able to support the organization.  It was lots of work getting my work framed and ready but the shows look wonderful and it's great to be a part of these groups of talented artists and to have a solo show.  I will have another solo show of about 20 paintings at Newbury Court, a retirement community in Concord from July 10-September 10, and the Spy Pond series  will be at Arlington Town Hall in January.

Meanwhile I'm still painting and printmaking.  Here are the latest prints I did while in New Hampshire. I worked on two at once and though they are similar subjects my goal was to complete each individually after the initial print was made.  Both scenes are in Eastport, Maine.


Can't resist posting a picture of the purple trillium I spotted on a walk near Eastman Lake where I spent 4 days last week.  There's just a hint of spring in the reddish hue of the maple trees and I was thrilled to find this little gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment