Tuesday, November 12, 2013

gelli monoprints of leaves and ferns





8x10 monoprints on Reeves paper

Since being back from Greece I've been playing with using leaves and ferns in monoprints.  Of course the fig leaf had such a wonderful shape, but this is New England, the land of maples and oaks,  and of course a Boston fern, so I had to use what was at hand.  The printed images were intriguing as they had such texture and detail that I thought they might be nice just by themselves.  They were printed with Golden Open paint-a slow drying acrylic.  Though making more of a decorative effect,  I enjoyed their beauty and simplicity.
Meanwhile I have two pieces ready for the Concord Art Association Holiday Show in December, and am working on some small studies for larger more abstract pieces.  

1 comment:

  1. Since being back from Greece I've been playing with using leaves and ferns in monoprints. Of course the fig leaf had such a wonderful shape Tennessee Wholesale Nursery

    ReplyDelete